Buffalo Family Law Attorneys Provide Legal Support When Relationships Falter
Offering family law and divorce support throughout Erie and Niagara counties
Since 1976, Pusatier Sherman Abbott & Sugarman, LLP has recognized that family law requires a special touch. Because divorce and family law cases involve a great deal of emotional intensity and stress, clients require a calm, reassuring environment and an attorney who understands the situation and their needs. Our goals are to vigorously protect your rights at trial, or negotiate a settlement before trial in your best interest, provide peace of mind, achieve the results you desire and navigate you through this difficult time in your life. When litigation is not the optimal way to proceed, we offer you two other possible ways of going forward — collaborative family law or family law mediation. We probably are the most active and experienced divorce and separation mediation practice in Western New York. Our family law lawyers are truly second to none.
Professional service in a caring environment
We recognize that you’re dealing with a life-changing situation, no matter what family law issue affects you. You may be in the process of adopting a child — a wonderful event — or you may be unable to reconcile with your spouse even after attempting counseling. Pusatier Sherman Abbott & Sugarman, LLP family law lawyers can help you with any situation that might arise in any matrimonial or family law matter. When you come to us, our attorneys can review your options and discuss the opportunities as well as pitfalls you might encounter.
From initial legal advice to a divorce decree or other court order, our team provides you with experienced, knowledgeable and sympathetic legal guidance in a variety of situations:
- Division of property
- Visitation (custodial access)
- Pre-nuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Orders of protection
Family Law Attorneys for life-changing situations in Buffalo
Divorce is emotionally draining for everyone involved. Our firm offers three approaches to help you through your situation: litigation, mediation and collaborative law:
- The divorce litigators at Pusatier Sherman Abbott & Sugarman, LLP are prepared to see your case through in the New York courts from beginning to end, ensuring your voice is heard and your rights vigorously protected through division of property and debts, child custody, child support, spousal maintenance and other issues. When necessary, we have access to financial specialists, business appraisers, child psychologists, child custody evaluators and many other professionals who can help us represent you best.
- Divorce mediation is a process in which you and your spouse work together to obtain a fair, reasonable and amicable separation or divorce, guided by a neutral mediator from our firm. People find that this process saves time and money, minimizes permanent scarring for everyone — especially the children — and leads to solutions that both sides believe are fair and in the best interests of the children.
- Collaborative family law is for those that like the non-adversarial, positive problem-solving approach of mediation but would prefer to have their own attorneys working as peaceful advocates sitting next to their clients and assisting them at the negotiation table.
Call today to consult with our family law lawyers in Buffalo
We understand that many family law issues are difficult. For a free consultation to discuss your family-related legal needs, call the Buffalo law firm of Pusatier Sherman Abbott & Sugarman, LLP at 716-873-6765 or contact us online. Our office hours are 8:30 to 5:00 Monday through Thursday and 8:00 to 4:00 on Fridays, with weekend and evening meetings available by appointment. Our family law attorneys are standing by to give you the legal help your family deserves.
Recent Blog Posts
Monday, January 29th, 2018
There are excellent attorneys in our area who help those who have been injured in accidents or on the job, but we put “personal” back into “personal injury.”
Saturday, January 20th, 2018
Hopefully, this may only be for a moment, but in the meantime let's talk about how a government shutdown may affect Social Security disability.
Monday, January 15th, 2018
If you are looking to applying for Social Security disibility, you are likely finding a ton of information. Most of which is overwhelming and discouraging, but you don't have to face this on your own.